Awareness and Preparedness
|Guidelines & Policies for Booking of Educational Trips|
|Thursday, 08 May 2008 14:21|
(as of June 2004, rev.2013)
You may send your educational trip request through
Fax No.: (02) 927-4524, 926-3225 or 929-8366
WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT PHIVOLCS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING EDUCATIONAL TOUR STARTING FEBRUARY 2014 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Kindly contact PHIVOLCS at (02)426-1468 and 927-4524 after one(1) working day to confirm if your letter was received.
The following are the Guidelines & Policies for Booking of Educational Trips
1. All letters must be addressed to DR. RENATO U. SOLIDUM, JR., PHIVOLCS Director. Letters can be faxed, hand-carried or mailed.
Our address is·PHIVOLCS Bldg., C. P. Garcia Avenue, U.P. Campus, Diliman, Quezon City. Telephone Nos. (02) 426-1469 to 79 or 927-4524. Fax No. (02) 927-4524, 926-3225 or 929-8366.
2. All letters must be signed over printed name and must contain the complete address and contact number of the school or tour agencies.
3. All bookings must be at least one week in advance. Available days for the trip are Tuesday to Friday, between 8 AM to 11 AM and between 1 PM to 4 PM.
4. The letter must also indicate the name of school and number of participants. Total number of students (including parents, faculty/staff) must not exceed 200.
5. Acceptance of bookings is on first come first serve basis.
6. School coordinator/s of the trip must confirm their schedules right after sending their communication especially those sent by fax or mail. Unconfirmed bookings and last minute changes especially on the time reservation will not be entertained.
7. As of 31 May 2004, a non-refundable entrance fee of P5.00/head will be charged per educational tour. For those who are coming from within Metro Manila or with Manila-based coordinators, it is preferred that payments be made in advance or as soon as the schedule is confirmed.
Upon arrival at PHIVOLCS during the scheduled trip, the school coordinator must ensure that all students remain in their buses. The school coordinator of the trip must immediately look for the GDAPD coordinator on duty to report the actual number of participants in the tour and present the Official receipt from PHIVOLCS as proof of payment. The school coordinator must ensure an orderly manner by which the students are to enter the PHIVOLCS facility.
For those who are coming directly from the provinces, upon arrival at PHIVOLCS, the school coordinator must ensure that all students remain in their buses. The school coordinator of the trip must immediately look for the GDAPD coordinator on duty to report the actual number of participants in the tour and to obtain the completed Order of Payment, which the school coordinator shall take to PHIVOLCS cashier for payment. Upon payment of the fees, the school coordinator shall take the Official Receipt issued by the PHIVOLCS Cashier and present this to the GDAPD Coordinator for verification and recording purposes before students may be advised to disembark the bus and allowed to enter the venue.
8. Strict compliance with time reservation is recommended. We emphasize that requestees must book/reserve the time that is most realistic for the group upon consideration of travel time (including allowance for traffic, etc.) from the point of origin to PHIVOLCS.
9. School coordinators must remind all the students about their student’s behavior while in the premises of PHIVOLCS. Vandalism, loitering, shouting, eating and drinking inside the auditorium, and other non-desirable behavior are strictly prohibited.
10. All the above guidelines and policies must be strictly followed.